Thursday, July 23, 2009

Your basic French Toast

This is just a standard/basic recipe. I like the basics and it allows you to add or change anything you want! This one is standard and its just how my mom makes it so it brings back memories and that's the way I like it!

My kids eat this until they are sick.. On this day I didn't have any good bread like texas toast but it is still just as yummmy!

Photobucket

French Toast

8 slices bread of your choice, the thicker, the more it will soak up so you might need to add more eggs
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS
In a shallow mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Quickly dip slices (do not soak) in egg mixture and cook until golden brown on both sides. I use a griddle.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm maple syrup.

No comments: