Thursday, November 5, 2009

Spiced Pear Butter via crockpot

This came out sort of thin but so worth it. Very yummy, spicy and just fantastic. Much better than apple butter!


Photobucket


Photobucket




Alright so I caught myself in a bind so don't freak out when you see how I improvised lol. I was out of lemons and lemon juice but had extract and you know it I either couldn't taste it or it was just plain GOOD!

7 large Bartlett Pears, peeled and cored (I just used the pears I had and kept cutting and paring until the crockpot was full.)

1 1/2 cups sugar or Splenda ( I used half of each)

1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

2 tsp lemon extract, or lemon juice

1 tsp vanilla extract

4 Tbs water


Core cut the pears into slices (chunky). Cook all ingredients in crockpot for 8-12 hours set on low. I cooked mine all night, got up the next morning and then put in the blender until smooth.

I washed all of my jars, lids and rings in soapy water. I placed them in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.

Store in fridge. This made 7 to 8 small wide mouuth jars.

No comments: