Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jacey's PERFECTLY Thin & Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies

This thin and crispy buttery cookie is the best thing invented! It is the perfect cookie in my opinion. And all 3 times I have made these, they have come out perfectly every time. Brown around the edges, thin and crispy in the center.

Again, no pics but I will do it next time! But you'll still want to make these and eat em up!

Jacey's PERFECTLY Thin and Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 sticks butter
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 ounces milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla ( I use Mexican vanilla from Mexico)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.Melt the butter in microwave. While that's melting take your flour, salt, and baking soda and put in a large bowl. Mix with a whisk until combined( Martha Stewart taught me thats how she sifts). Set aside
Pour melted butter in your kitchen aide (unless you have a hand mixer, if that's the case just put in a bowl). Cream butter on low until it is softened. Add your two sugars, increase the speed and cream the mixture until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed and add the egg, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until combined. Stir in your chocolate chips.
Chill for one hour.Then use a tablespoon ( I use the one that you actually measure with) and place on greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment. I use my silpat.Set your timer for 7 mins. When that timer goes off, rotate cookies and bake for another 7 minutes. This of course all depends on your oven. You want the edges to be brown and the tops to light brown. Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 45-50 rounded tablespoon sized cookies.

The tips that I have learned is to make sure all your ingredients are at room temp. Don't over mix. Stir in your chips or chunks. Chill your dough. Take cookies out BEFORE they get too brown. I always take them out when I think they might be a tad bit undercooked because I allow for carry over cooking and when they cool they settle

No comments: