Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheesy Chicken & Noodles

My McKenna loves anything with chicken and noodles. So I make several dishes like this just for her. Teegan is starting to love them too. This one has the mixed veggies so served with garlic bread and a salad and your good to go. A cheesy gooey mess! But oh so yummy!
Cheesy Chicken & Noodles
Photobucket
1 can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 can mixed vegetables
1 small can diced green chilis
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken (down below I tell how I seasoned mine while cooking it)
2 cups medium egg noodles (uh ya if you are like me, the "mathmatically challenged" then you might not know that this is actually one cup of uncooked pasta which when cooks equals 2 cups. I went ahead and made th entire 6 oz package so I could use the leftover noodles for mac & cheese, cooked and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 or so cups of shredded cheddar for the top

I sauteed my chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and chilli powder. When cooked set aside.

Then stir soup, milk, vegetables, chicken, noodles parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar.

Put in a 9x13 casserole sprayed with pam.

Top with the other 1/2 cup of cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

Photobucket

No comments: