Thursday, May 22, 2008

Strawberry Apricot Strussel Bars

I try all kinds of new recipes and although these were good, they weren't exactly up my alley and they were really sweet. My kids loved them and my husband ate them, not sure if he liked them or not, but he did eat them lol!

I don't want to be known for these. But if they sound good, by all means try em! Just don't blame me if you don't like them..

Strawberry Apricot Strussel Bars

Photobucket

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 TBS honey
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 sticks (regular, salted) butter, cut into pieces
6 oz Apricot Preservs
6 oz Strawberry Preserves

Mix all ingredients in your mixer except for the preserves. Put half of the mixture into a 8x8 casserole sprayed with pam. Spread with a strawberry preservesm then spread the apricot preserves on top of that. Sprinkle second half of mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake at 350 for 30 until light brown. Let cool completely, then cut into squares.

No comments: