Thursday, August 7, 2008

Healthier For You Pasta Salad

How about that? See I can make healthy food, sometimes..when I want to..

One way to get your husband out of the kitchen is to mention the words diet or low fat..He will run very fast. I definitely recommend it!!

Photobucket

I made a few adjustments to the basic recipe.
* I substituted the tri color pasta for a whole wheat tri colored rotini that barilla makes and it is nutty and yummy!
* I used fat free Zesty Italian instead of the regular
* I used calamatta olives instead of black, only because I had a handful I needed to use quickly
* I tossed in a few finely chopped sun dried tomatoes

Healthier For You Pasta Salad

Half of a box of tri-colored whole wheat rotini pasta
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (or red bell peppers would be good instead)
1/4 cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced calamatta olives
1/2 cup Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing
salt and pepper to taste

After your noodles have cooked to your liking (we personally don't like al dente), rinse in cold water and toss with other ingredients and sprinkle a little bit of parmasan cheese on top. Freshly grated is wonderful but in this town you can't find it so I had to use the stuff out of the can that smells like stinky feet.

No comments: