Monday, August 4, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes

First let me say that mine do NOT look near as glamorous as hers but they were all the while tasty! And red potatoes are my absolute favorite. This is the perfect combination of crispy, crunchy, soft, salty and yummy!!

Photobucket

Use as many small red potatoes as you have. Boil until fork tender. Drizzle sheet pan with olive oil. Take your potato masher and gently press down on the potato until it slightly mashes. Then rotate the masher 90 degrees and finish flattening it. Of course, you don’t want to absolutely smash it into the pan—you want it almost to resemble a cookie. Repeat until all are flattened. brush the tops rather generously with olive oil. Season with kosher salt, black pepper and herb of your choice. She used rosemary but the fresh I had really smelt like a pine tree and I couldn't make myself use it so I went with Oregano. Bake at 450, and cook them for 20-25 minutes…

Here's her witty post and step by step. I hope you love her as much as I do and as much as I love these potatoes.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

No comments: