Thursday, August 7, 2008

Salisbury Steak in brown gravy

I usually make mine with cutlets, but we were out so I used ground sirloin instead and loved it! I knew I would have to flavor it up and using left over dried onion soup mix (the box comes with 2 pkgs and I had one left over from the to die for crock pot roast) really helped!

Photobucket

Salisbury Steak in brown gravy

1 lb ground sirloin
1/4 cup bread crumbs, I had whole wheat bread left over so I just processed them and used what I had
1/4 cup 2% milk
1 or 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix

Mix in a bowl, make 6 oval shaped patties and brown on both sides in a teeny bit of canola oil.

For the gravy
2 packages brown gravy mix
2 cups water

Removed patties and stir in your brown gravy mix and water. When it starts to gently bubble, add your patties back in and cook until thickened.

Serve with smashed red potatoes like I did!

No comments: