Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I'm gonna serve this with fresh strawberries. MMMMmmmm.
On the way into the oven. I wasn't sure how much this would rise so I used a bundt pan and one loaf pan. I'm thinking 2 loaf pans would have worked. Once I get it out of the oven I will find out for sure if it was neccisary to have a bundt and loaf pan. Better safe than sorry!
Photobucket

Cream Cheese Pound Cake
3.5 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Sift flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
Using a mixer, cream butter, cream cheesea nd sugar for about 6 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add vanilla and milk until combined.
Add flour mixture until completely combined.

Pour into two greased and floured 9 X 5 loaf pans.


Bake for about 60 minutes or until done.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I opted for a general powdered sugar glaze laced with apricot preserves!

Photobucket

No comments: