Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sugar N Spice Donuts

Super easy and my mom always made them growing up. My kids just love them and I always make little donut holes for them.
On the back of the biscuits, there was a recipe that said you could bake them. That sounds like a good idea. Although if its not fried then its not a southern recipe hahah!
Photobucket

Sugar N Spice Donuts
Canola Oil
1 - 2 cans buttermilk biscuits
1/4 c Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon

Heat about 2 inches oil in a large pot I use my spaghetti pot to 350 degrees. I learned a really cool trick from Sara Molten, you take the end of a wooden spoon and put in the center of your pan and oil and when bubbles come up all around really fast, then your oil is ready.

Take your dough and punch a hole in the center with your finger and spread a bit. Fry until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels and then toss in your sugar and spice mixture. To make the holes, just pinch off lil pieces and roll in your hands until a smooth ball forms.

No comments: