Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Squash Casserole

I usually use Paula Deen's recipe but I didn't have all the ingredients so I just decided to wing it. This is one of those receipes ( you know me, i rarely measure so when i write a recipe i estimate for you guys ) that I just tossed in.. So you may have to adjust the quantity. I apologize for this being such a rough estimate!

Before Oven
Photobucket

Easy Squash Casserole
Photobucket

2 large squash sliced thin
4 oz of velveeta, sliced in tiny cubes
4 tbs butter, cubed into tiny pieces or I ended up using country crock since I'm out of stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 small onion
1/3 cup or so italian dressing
salt, pepper

Spray 9x13 with pam. Layer thin slices of squash with onion, salt and pepper, dot with butter here and there, add tiny cubes of velveeta, drizzle with italian dressing and repeat layers. Drizzle milk over the top to make sure it has some standing in bottom of casserole.

Cover with foil and bake at 400 for about 20 to 30 mins. When its bubbly and the squash is tender.

No comments: